HOW TO BET ON THE US OPEN
This historic competiton has been on the go since 1881, the US Open is one of the oldest tennis competitions in the world. It is one of the four major tournaments on the international tennis circuit : Australian Open, Roland-Garros, Wimbledon and obviously the US Open. It takes place every year towards the end of August in New York, the US Open is one of the most prestigious tournaments on the planet - all players recognise its importance. Closing the North American tour, this major is an opportunity to find all the best players in the world playing on a hard surface that's known for its speed. Novak Djokovic and Naomi Osaka succeeded here last year, but can either player claim the final major of this season? Here are our recommendations and potential bets for the US Open!
Find US Open Odds at Bet365!
- The ATP ranking : Taking into account the performances of players throughout the year, these ranking will give you an overview of the favourites, based on their performances in previous tournaments. Consulting the ranking of players is undoubtedly a good place to start in order to bet on the-top ranked players but also be able to follow the progress of a young player who would make a good outside bet. The ATP ranking system can be very useful to any potential bettors.
- Historic clashes : The history between two players can be very interesting. It can show how well they have done against each other, and thus can indicate a clear favourite. What was the last result between the two players? Which surface suits which player the best? How far has each player gone in previous tournaments? These are all important stats one can find by looking up previous meetings.
- Physical state : The US Open takes place over two weeks at the end of the season - as such, not all athletes are necessarily in the best physical condition after such a long and gruelling season. Thus, it is important to keep track of player injuries to determine who has the best potential and ability to stay fit throughout the competition.
- Performances in recent tournaments : The Grand Slam is an opportunity to watch the progress of players from previous years. Regarding the top prize for the tour players, these tournaments are regularly played by the best players across the world. Statistics that speak for themselves. Players in good recent form, tend to do well in the big tournaments. Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, who won his third US Open last year, will be the players to bet on.
Bet on your favourite US Open player!
- Performances in recent tournaments : Like the men, the performance in previous years is also important on the women's circuit. Ultra-dominant for several seasons and has already won the tournament 6 times, Serena Williams will obviously be one of the most observed player. After having won her first Grand Slam last year, Naomi Osaka will also be one of this year's favourites, along with Germany's Angelique Kerber, Maria Sharapova, Simona Halep, Garbiñe Muguruza and Agnieszka Radwańska.
- The surface :It is also important to focus on this type of surface upon which tournament is to be played on. The type of court does greatly affect the speed of play and the speed of exchanges: the hard surfacing of the US Open is well recognized as a very fast surface. Therefore, some players are more suited to this surface, making it important to know the strengths and weaknesses of the main players on the circuit.
Check out US Open Odds now!